Related Products: Communicator 5
To set up your email within Communicator 5 follow these steps:
- Right-click in Communicator to open the Quick-Access Menu.
- Select Advanced Settings and open the Applications tab. There you can select E-mail.
- A new window will open to setup your account. Click on New to add an account.
- Another window will open where you have to select your email provider.
- Select next and enter your name, email address and password.
- Select finish and once more on OK.
- Your email account has now been set up in communicator.
- For most email providers such as gmail.com you will be required to log in to the email account through a web browser and enable Pop email within the app.
- In Gmail select settings
- select Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Select whether you wish all emails, including old one to come to communicator, or if you wish only new emails to come through. Be aware that if you have a lot of old emails they will take a long time to sync.
- You may also be required to enable less secure apps. This is also applicable for Gmail accounts. This allows software such as Communicator to receive emails.This is accessed through your google account settings.
- Sign in to your google account and select security
- scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see less secure app access, select to turn on.
For specific information regarding other email providers:AOLAT&T Yahoo!TWC.com