How do I sync a page set on multiple devices
In order to Sync a Page Set between devices, it must first Sync with a MyTobiiDynavox (MyTD) account. The Synced Page Set stored on MyTD will be the master version that gets updated when changes are made and Synced when the Page Set needs to be updated on a device. You can login and/or create a MyTD account in the editor on the Users editing panel
- Make sure your copy of Snap Core First is connected to your MyTD account.
- Select the Sync button in the Top Bar.
- In the Sync popup, select the Sync button.
- Once the Page Set has finished creating the master copy of the Page Set on MyTD, close the Sync popup.
- On the individual’s other device(s), make sure it is connected to the same MyTD account that has the Synced Page Set.
- Select the user you want the page set in within Snap Core First. (Editor > User editing panel tab).
- In the Editor, select the Page Set editing panel tab.
- Select the current Page Set to access the Page Set management options. (create and download will be visible)
9. Select the Download Page Set button. Scroll down in the panel if you don’t initially see it.
10. In the Page Set download popup, select the Page Set you Synced previously, then select Download.
11. When the Page Set is finished downloading, select Done. You should see the Page Set appear in the list with a Sync icon next to it, indicating this is a Synced Page Set.
12. When you make a change on either device that you want to pass to the other Synced device(s), select the Sync button in the top bar. That will Sync any changes to the master version on your MyTD account.
13. To pull in that latest Page Set changes from the last Sync, select the Sync button in the top bar and it will automatically update the Page Set on your device. If you see the Sync icon in the Top Bar has a little exclamation point badge
, then there is a new Sync available.
Important things to know about Syncing
- Page Set changes are Synced at the page level. Editing a button, or changing a setting in the Page editing panel, such as background color or page icon, will replace the complete page in the Page Set on MyTD the next time you Sync.
- If changes to a Page Set are being made on multiple devices, communication is extremely important. If the same page is edited on different devices, and both users try to Sync, the changes made by the last person to Sync will overwrite the changes made by the first person who Synced.
- If you have not Synced a device in a while, and you know the changes on your device are the real master copy, you can overwrite what is Synced on MyTD by using the Overwrite button in the Advanced drop-down in the Sync popup.
- The last 10 Syncs are available in the Sync popup under the Saved Versions drop-down. This allows you to revert to an earlier Sync if needed. Note, Syncing is not recommended way to backup your Page Sets. Saving a copy of the Page Set is more secure.