Once you've created a zip file of your banked messages on mytobiidynavox.com, here are the steps to import them into Communicator 5.
Make sure that you have upgraded your software to Communicator 5.3 or higher to take advantage of the new Message Banking features.
- Launch the Communicator 5 software on your computer or I-Series device.
- Open the Quick Menu (right click or press and hold for a few seconds).
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select the Sound tab.
- Select Sound Libraries.
- Select New.
- Make sure that Import a zip file with banked messages is chosen and then select Next.
- Name your new sound file, browse and locate the desired .zip file, and then select Open. Select Next.
- Once the extraction of the messages from the .zip file has completed, select Finish. Select Ok.
To use your recorded messages, it is recommended that you add the Speaking with Phrases 7 x 5 page set to your Communicator 5 home page. Your recorded messages will be organized based on tags you set in Message Bank.
- Open the Quick Menu and select All Page Sets.
- Select Text Communication.
- On the Direct Communication tab, select Speak with Phrases 7 x 5.
- Select Add to Home Page.
- Select “X” to close the menu.
- Go to the Speaking with Phrases 7x5 page set.
- Select Banked Messages. Your recorded messages will now be available to be viewed and spoken.