How Do I Program a Button to Open a Webpage?
|In Communicator 5, you can create a button that will allow the user to navigate to a website.
- Go to the page you want to edit the button on.
- Go to Edit View. To do so, select Shift + F5 from a keyboard or right-click on the page set to open the Quick-Access Menu, select Advanced Settings, and select Edit Page Set.
- Select the button the user will press to navigate to the desired page. The button will become highlighted with squares along the border.
- Right click on the button.
- Select Button and then Button actions."
- Mark the “Show all available actions” box at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Select the Desktop tab at the top of the dialog box.
- Select Run Program.
- Select Add.
- Type in the path for your browser in the box for Select file. For example, use C:\Program Files (x86) Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe for the Firefox browser.
- Type the URL you want to insert in the box for Parameters. Put quotation marks around the URL.
- Leave the Start box empty.
- Select OK.
- Select OK in the Button Actions dialog box.
- Select File in the navigation bar.
- Select Exit Communicator.
- Select Yes to save changes to page set.