How Do I Use Grid 3, with Gaze Interaction but with a Switch as the Activation Method on an I-12, I-15, or EM-12? I found that the key is that you have to disable the switches from the Switches part of the Access settings screen with Grid 3 (this is the purpose/logic of step 12 below).
Here are the steps for use on an I-12, I-15, or EM-12 with EyeMobile Plus:
- Connect a switch to the SW1 port of the I-12, I-15, or the EyeMobile Plus bracket of the EM-12.
- Launch Grid 3.
- From the Grid 3 Menu select Settings.
- Select Access.
- Select Switches.
- Under Configuration select Connection.
- From the drop down menu, select Keyboard.
- Select Switch 1.
- Select Change Key.
- Press the connected switch.
- Select the left arrow next to Connection.
- Select the Activation drop down menu and select Do not use switches.
- Select the left arrow next to Switches.
- Select Eye gaze.
- Select Activation.
- Under Activation, select the 1st drop down menu and select Press switch to click.
- Under Activation, select the 2nd drop down menu and select Switch 1.
- Select OK.