The software voices may not always speek words correctly - especially in the case of proper names and some foreign-derived words. You can save alternate text or phonetic spellings of words to correct any pronunciation problems.
1. Select the Settings button in the Toolbar.
If the Toolbar is hidden, first select the Modify Button at the top right corner of your screen and choose Settings.
2. Select Voice Settings from the Settings menu. The Voice Settings menu will open.
3. Select the Manage Pronunciations button to open the Pronunciation Exceptions dialog.
4. Select the Managebutton at the top right corner of the screen.
Adding a New Pronunciation Exception
1. Select either the New Text Exception
or the New Phoneme Exception
button. A dialog will open.
2. Enter the correct spelling of the word, then enter the text (or phoneme) spelling.
3. Select Save
for phonemes) to close the dialog and save the pronunciation exception.
4. Select Done
5. Select Back
6. Select Done
7. Select Back
Editing a Pronunciation Exception
1. Select the pronunciation exception to edit.
2. Select the Edit button.
3. Edit the correct spelling or the text or phoneme spelling.
4. Select Save(or OKfor phonemes) to close the dialog and save the pronunciation exception.
5. Select Done.
6. Select Back.
7. Select Done.
8. Select Back.