How to get a Compass backup off an iPad using iTunes and a Personal Computer
NOTE: File sharing requires iTunes version 9.1 or later.
1. Connect your iPad to a computer running iTunes 9.1 or later.
7. Select the Backups folder on the right side
2. Open iTunes.
3. Select the iPadbutton
4. Select the Appstab.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to access File Sharing.
6. On the left side under Apps, select DynaVox.
8. Select Save to...
9. Copy the whole folder to a place in your PC that you can remember where they are.